Friday, July 17, 2009

mysql-5.1.36 in Ubuntu 9.04: No curses/termcap library found

I was building mysql-5.1.36 in Ubuntu 9.04 - the Jaunty Jackalope and while trying to run:
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql

I got this error:

checking for termcap functions library... configure: error: No curses/termcap library found. After a bit thinking, I found that the ncurses stuff isn't installed for. To find which name Ubuntu uses for that library I did:

$ apt-cache search ncurses

and I found:

libncurses5-dev - Developer's libraries and docs for ncurses

and I installed it with:

$ sudo apt-get install libncurses5-dev

After this, I tried configuring mysql-5.1.36 again and it was a success:) Altough it was a simple workaround for the problem that I faced,
I can't resist myself of sharing this ;)

No comments: